A New Journey


Journey's can really be anything. A journey can be a trip, a day full of surprises, a life long adventure, and really just about anything. My journey is with my family, more specifically the journey of us selling our home. Our journey began in January of 2017

My family decided after several years of debate, that we wanted to sell our house. Which was the house I grew up in. The house we lived in was just right across the street from the high school I attend. Right in the middle of my street, with a beautiful view of the lake. Right across the street from our house was the "green space." The green space was a wide area of grass, where they would never build a house so our view of the lake was never blocked. 

I lived in that house since I was two years old. I had great relationships with the neighbors around me. It was a nice house, two-stories, a finished basement, and a large yard. But I really don't miss it because of the hectic journey we had moving out. 

Our moving out journey began in February when our house went up on the market. But we didn't move out until the end of June. Our house sold several times, but none of the buyers were extremely serious. We had to get rid of so much stuff. We had to take most of our belongings to a storage unit. Which is extremely aggravating, because whenever I need something it's stuck in a storage unit. We also didn't rent a Uhaul to move out our stuff. Instead we used our vehicles and took several trips there a back. So when it all came down to it I was just excited to get out of the house. I was sick of moving! So at the end of June I said goodbye to my only home I had ever known. 

But our Journey doesn't end there. We are building a new home! It's absolutely breathtaking, and I'm so excited for it to be built by the end of November. So while that house is being built we temporary live in a townhouse.

I personally thought living in this townhouse for the temporary time being would be terrible, but it's honestly not bad. The good things about the townhouse is it is brand new and nobody has lived in it, my room is bigger than the bedroom at my old house, and it's in a good location. The bad things about the townhouse are that we have two dogs and they liked to bark, the kitchen and living room are a lot smaller than what were used to, and we have assigned parking spots. 

There's not much else going on in the townhouse, but I'm sure I wont miss this place either. Especially because I feel like moving out of here will be just as stressful as moving out of my old house. 

So here's to my new house! May you come sooner than November! I am so excited to call you a home! I'm also so excited for this year-long journey to finally come to an end. I really hope this long journey is completely worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts