Senior Year



Here it is, senior year. The year we've all been waiting for. Not only our last year of high school, but our last year for several things. Our last homecoming dances, our last Friday night sports games, our last weekends with high school friends, our last prom, and our last year as "kids." It may seem like the end, but it is just the beginning. The beginning of our adult lives. So why are we all so anxious for this big change?

I am 100% positive that I am not ready for the change that comes after senior year. I have not the slightest clue on what career path I'd like to go on, let alone what college I plan to attend.

As a senior looking into the future seems so stressful. I feel as though I'm getting so much thrown at me all at once.

Thinking about it now, should I have really been so pumped about senior year? Seriously what's exciting about planning your future if you're completely clueless on where to start? What's exciting about growing up? What's exciting about paying for everything soon? As far as I'm concerned, none of it seems exciting not even remotely.

If I could hit the rewind button on my life I would, but it's obvious I can't do that. So here we are, standing here at senior year. The year I discover my passions, make new friendships, lose old friendships, but mostly I'll grow up. I'll grow out of this phase of being clueless, sooner or later I'll be blossoming into a new person.

Since I can't predict the future, I'll put it at this... I'm looking forward to you senior year. Please don't let me down. I'm looking forward to the opportunities you give me, the friendships I gain, fun times, graduation, honestly I'm looking forward to everything. Here's to you senior year. May this be a good year, but definitely not be the best year of your life.




Comments

Popular Posts